New VELOX™ procedure for Sonoma CRx® clavicle device simplifies clavicle fracture fixation
Eliminate plate prominence with the new VELOX procedure for the Sonoma CRx clavicle device that offers:
- Eliminates plate prominence and reduce the likelihood of a second
surgery to remove hardware due to discomfort
- New fast, reproducible, minimally invasive outpatient procedure
- Minimally invasive intramedullary solution for clavicle fractures
- WaviBody® technology creates a flexible implant that conforms to the
natural curvature of the clavicle
- Rigid fixation that locks to length, once placed and actuated
- Locking cortical screw prevents rotation
- Potential for earlier return to function and normal activity
- A more satisfactory cosmetic result that is important to patients
Treatment of clavicle fractures has evolved. With greater numbers of fractures, the result of sports injuries by active individuals and athletes, fracture complexity has increased, as has the need for treatments that enable patients to return to work and sports activities sooner. See case studies.
A least-invasive approach that avoids large incisions and soft tissue trauma can reduce pain and improve patient satisfaction compared to plates and conservative treatment. Causing less trauma to the surrounding soft tissue, which provides the blood supply to the bone, aids in healing and reduces patient recovery time.
Providing the fixation at the core of the bone provides support while healing and enables bone callus to form around the fracture. The unique design of the Sonoma CRx™ intramedullary device eliminates the need for irritating prominent hardware while providing stable fixation. The VELOX surgical video and surgical animation show use of the CRx™ in surgery.